Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I am trying to live up to my name

From: "bibek anand" sampada369@yahoo.co.in
To: "Tusar N. Mohapatra" tusarnmohapatra@mail.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 01:20:31 +0100 (BST)
Respected Tusar Jee ,

Namaskar !

At the very outset , I want to make it clear to you that I place you in the inner-most circle of SAMPADA . Your steadfastness to ethical values and the attitude of not taking anything for granted really charms me . I am highly grateful to you , also for the opinion which you harbour for me .

I am a very ordinary person . The only quality which I can claim to possess to some extent is that I am not a buck-passer . This very trait ( I am indebted to the Almighty for getting it bestowed upon me ) is propelling me to accomplish the seemingly impossible task of ensuring SAMPADA as our socio-economic orientation . The interactions which I have been going through , are giving me the best possible instructions and lessons which could not have ever been imparted to me in any formal university .

Persons like you , are the shining stars in the present social firmament which is certainly dark otherwise .

Sensitivity demands that the more powerful and resourceful one is …… the greater also must be one’s commitment to the betterment of the lot of those whose very humanity is constantly being threatened by want and need . Only a sensitive person can enjoy the bliss of sacrifice . Being emotional leads to you to a state where you fully sympathize with your near and dear ones , but find yourself somewhat helpless in extending concrete help to them . However, without being a little bit emotional , sensitivity can not find it’s own place .

It is not enough to be right . Sometimes , if only in order to test our resolve , it is important to win something . But to win , we will need to engage and capture the middle ground and paint it in the colours we want . Polarizing the message simply does not help . It rebounds , makes caricatures of us . Good to listen to , easy to dismiss .

We must trace the root of the problems which keep nagging us . All the problems besetting us stems from our complete surrender to SAMPATTI attitude irrespective of the strata to which we belong . I am again reminding of you the greatest dissuading pitfall , i.e. Poor people need not be virtuous however sensitive persons are hard to come by . We are running very fast and we always want to escalate our cruising speed, but in this process , we are losing our aim . We want things to be shared , but at the same time , please spare me attitude at this moment , too engulfs us and a buck-passing trend continues unabashedly . Because of our indifferent attitude to the truth , evil things keep prospering and acquiring monstrous proportions . Lest such tendencies should completely stifle sane thoughts, actions and sacrifices in the form of rising above the selfish tendencies seem only solution .

People's problem should never become our business opportunities. Every one must be provided with gainful work and in gratitude to this great grace , each one of us , must have compassion in our heart . ( Hope you must have gone through my mail regarding flexible work schedule to secure the same ) .

Sensitive Governance is also a bedrock for a civilized ambience . You will be glad to know that my proposals regarding mandatory tests of character and relaxing age criterion so as to give opportunity to persons of fabric to enter the public services ( at any stage) has been attracting wide - ranging attention . ( I had sent those proposals to you also for your kind endorsement too .)

Governance is a task too sacred, to be left in the hand of demons in the garb of so called popular democracy. Don't you think , this great Nation / society ( I believe the whole world is one ) does need only persons of your ilk as the custodians , so that it's affairs may be steered on a right track . An enlightened, sensitive and selfless person like you can really bring about a marked change , because you understand the need of SAMPADA as our socio-economic orientation .

SAMPADA concept is the distillation of my experience of a decade witnessing the circus of life in the ring itself rather than watching from the cushy seat in the stalls. I assure you that ,with the benevolent help of true human beings like you , we will really transform the scenario to a positive state where there will be no strife , bickering and perhaps even heaven will be sending it's managers to take lessons from the inhabitants of the earth to learn the secret of a placid and tranquil life buzzing with constructive activities .

Watching a glimmer of hope in the eyes of a hapless person gives me the vision of God . Help if extended , for the sake of the fame is worthless . Nobody asked me to tread on the path of SAMPADA .

SAMPADA leads to SIMPLE Life.

S - Spiritual Development
I - Intuitional Development
M - Mental Development
P - Physical Development
L - Love your soul attitude
E - Emotional and ethical Development.


I observe an enlightened soul in you and hence please do not let it dampened . Why do you feel that powers that be , will never let good ideas fructify ? They are not doing any thing of this sort . It is our lack of faith in our own capabilities and indifference to the selfless social action , which is letting them free ground !

Are we creating any good example for others by sacrificing ourselves ? Buck-passing attitude on our part , facilitates an open field for the people with vested interests . If we are not creating an alternate system , then certainly we are supporting the present system .

In Hindi , my name is Vivek , which means capability of discrimination between right and wrong . I am trying to live up to my name . Owing to my personal sacrifices viz. starting career with the improvement of Cycle-Rickshaws instead of going for usual corporate openings , my recent chucking away from the job , when , my social endeavour was brutally disallowed ( In fact , here I felt the need of flexible working schedule ) , high personal integrity , simple living , complete devotion to SAMPADA cause ( I did not think twice in selling so many personal belongings so as to further the SAMPADA initiative , when no help seemed to be on anvil ) , deep study of scriptures and relating it to social dynamics . Hence you can always find an steadfast person in me , I assure you for it . Moreover all these revelations did not come to me at the fag end of my life .
I am in early thirties and having at least decade-long keen practical experience of watching the circus of life in the ring itself rather from the cushy seats from the stalls . Hence , never loose heart and do not withdraw from the call of your soul . I know the practical difficulty of treading on such a lonely path , hence I am courageous ! Now the situation has turn a better course . We are lumping together . I am sure that after a decade , the world will be very different from the present murky scenario . I have gained an effective insight of the dynamics of our socio-economic ways and how to steer them .

But , we must start in a big way . Merely scratching the surface will yield too little . Accretion is too hard and needs constant hammering . Let there be such a great tsunami of SAMPADA , so that even the die-hard protagonists would feel tempted to change their ways .

I can watch, the act of the Almighty granting his most benevolent grace to inspire you for standing for the cause of SAMPADA .

Last but not least , never feel that you are not with me in this magnificent endeavour . You are needed always and you are already with me sharing our concepts so as to fulfill our common aim which is nothing but a spark of inspiration from the benevolent Almighty . We may not be physically around for ever , but our inspiration will hover forever . Now I am realizing fast that the most urgent attention should be paid for the establishment of the contemplated center . Once it will be in it’s place , be ready to be a party to the great transformation being effected .

Regards !

Yours truly,

Bibek Kumar Anand
Convener "SAMPADA"

No comments:

Post a Comment