Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bengal has to learn from Orissa, and once again claim Sri Aurobindo as their own

We have to rebuild this country and for our inspiration in this task we must go to Sri Aurobindo, India’s real Bhagya Vidhata. I was speaking in Kolkata the other day when I told my audience that at one time Kolkata was preeminent in many cultural and intellectual fields in India. It has lost that pre-eminence today. The only way they can regain the lost ground, is to claim Sri Aurobindo once again. An important section of Orissa has turned to Sri Aurobindo for its inspiration and a new Orissa is emerging. In this respect, Bengal has to learn from Orissa, and once again claim Sri Aurobindo as their own. That will set in motion a powerful renaissance in West Bengal and help it regain its pre-eminent position in our national life. 10:59 PM
S R I A U R O B I N D O U N I V E R S I T Y Inaugural Speech by Dr. M. V. Nadkarni on 4th April, 2007 At SRI AUROBINDO SHREEKSHETRA, DALIJODA Session on: 2/27/2007 at 3:33:10 PM From: Matrubhaban, Cuttack "Gadadhar Mishra" ctk_matrubha@sancharnet.in

No comments:

Post a Comment