Monday, August 13, 2007

Since India has given me so much, I wish to make a merit-based gift to India in return

Discover Your Inner Economist India Marginal Revolution Small steps toward a much better world.
I've been to India twice and both times I have been received with the utmost hospitality and enthusiasm. I loved the food, the music, the diversity, and the more-than-occasional chaos. Most of all I loved how the people engaged me so directly, and how every moment was so full of human drama and stories.
Since India has given me so much, I wish to make a merit-based gift to India in return.
My new book Discover Your Inner Economist: Use Incentives to Fall in Love, Survive Your Next Meeting, and Motivate Your Dentist offers a chapter on how to help other people. In the book I suggest several principles:
1. Cash is often the best form of aid.
2. Give to those who are not expecting it, and,
3. Don't require the recipients to do anything costly to get the money.
I would like to live by these principles, and I am asking you to help me.
If you want to try a new form of charity, keep reading here, because I am about to send money to people in India, to people who are not expecting it and who will not be asked to do much of anything to get it. You are about to tell me the names of people I should send money to. I will then send money.
Simple.
Here is the plan in more detail:
1. The recipient must live in India and receive the money in India. I just need enough information to send the money via Western Union.
2. Send your email to DiscoverYourInnerEconomist@gmail.com ...
3. ...I am keen to send much of the money to poor people, either directly or indirectly, but of course India is not just about poor people. Proposals of all kinds are eligible, including using the funds to help expand your steel factory, and yes using the money to open a new call center... Main

No comments:

Post a Comment